Ramdara Temple Pune
RAMDARA( NEAR LONIKALBHOR)
Ramdara Temple is an old temple with idols of many deities. The main shrine is that of Shiva, but the statue is famous for the idols of Ram, Lakshman and Sita. There is an ashram of Shri Devipuri Maharaj also known as Dhundi baba. There is a small pond next to the temple. The location of the temple along with the abundance of trees in the vicinity makes this place very calm and beautiful.
How to reach:
- Start from Swargate and take Solapur highway.
- Cross Hadapsar, Manjri etc. Travel straight till you reach “Loni Kalbhor” Toll plaza.
- As soon as you cross Toll plaza, you will have to cross a bridge.
- After crossing this bridge, you will see a fade “Ramdara” sign board on left hand side showing to turn to right side. Take immediate right turn to go to Loni kalbhor village.
- After distance of 2 mins drive, we will get a small chowk. Take again right turn from there. (You may ask local people)
- The landscape changes a lot within this 7 km and the latter part is kms of emptiness on either side of the road. You don’t see temple until the last minute as it is hidden within few hills and the last turn will take you to a big parking lot covered by trees
It is also good bird watchers. To watch birds you have to reach there early morning around 6:00 am.
Birds you can see – Sunbirds, Baya weavers, Red wattled lapwings, Drongos, Small bee-eaters, Ioras, Mynas, Bulbuls, and Doves.
One can combine Theur (The Chintamani Temple of Theur - one of the Ashtavinayaka temples,) with Ramdara temple visit as well.